Friday, December 28, 2018

| How I Stay Organzied |


Can you classify yourself as an organized person? If not, you are in the right place! I have always been disciplined when it comes to being organized ever since I was a young girl. Having everything put together just makes me feel like my life is in order. Growing up, I wouldn't go to sleep unless my room was clean and structured. It didn't matter if I had to be up at 6:45 am for school the next day, I was up tidying up and making sure everything was organized.
Today I will be sharing some of my tips & tricks that have helped me stay organized throughout the years. Comment down below your fave organizational techniques.

Monthly:

Planner:

  • Monthly Dues: In the calendar section of my planner, I jot down the days that auto payments are due for Hulu, Apple Music, Netflix, Wi-Fi, etc. 
  • Work: When my work schedule is released, I immediately write down the times and days that I am scheduled so that when I make plans I know which days or times that I am free. 
  • Events: Write down all birthdays, anniversaries, or events to prevent you from double booking yourself. 

Journal:

  • Goals/Aspirations: I write down what my intentions are for the current month. I write down my budget and check to see if I am consistent (sometimes the sales are just too good). I write down my workout goals. For example, I want to try to work out at least 30 minutes a day doing cardio, weights, yoga, etc. I will write down body goals so that way I know which workouts I need to do in order to achieve that goal. 
  • Quotes/Affirmations: I like to start my days buy finding a "Quote of The Day". I will scroll on Pintrest and find quotes and affirmations to help me start my day on a positive note. If the quote really speaks to my soul, I will write it down in my journal to reflect back on if need be.
  • To-Do's: Writing down my to-dos for the month is the best way for me to fight procrastination. I will list any important deadlines or my grocery list to help me stay on top of groceries. This method really helps me be more responsible. 

WEEKLY:

  • Planner: On Mondays, I will take a look at what my week will look like so that way I can be well prepared in the case that it is a busy week. I will make any changes/add the errands I need to run, grocery shopping list, eyebrow appointment (essential), nail appointment (also essential), or my face mask time (KEY).
  • Laundry: We all have THE CHAIR so there is no need for me to explain why I put this in my journal. 
  • Cleaning: When it comes to cleaning I go all in. I like to vacuum, sweep, mop, dust, take out the trash, the whole nine yards. Cleaning has always been a stress reliever for me. Having a clean space or area boosts my entire mood enormously. 
  • Me Time: I have me time once a week. I think it is quite essential to destress at the end of every week. Every Friday after a long week, I will wash my face and put on a facemask. While the facemask is setting on my face, I will take a hot shower to help de-stress from the week. While I am in the shower, I will do a deep conditioning treatment for my hair so that my hair can forgive me for all the craziness it endures throughout the week. After the shower and facemask, I will either read a book or catch up on any shows I am watching at that time. 

Organizing can be looked at as a chore, but I see it as relaxing. I challenge you to buy a cute notebook/journal (TJ Maxx has really cute ones), pour a glass of wine, play some music, sit outside on the patio or in your backyard and just organize your monthly goals and aspirations. Make it enjoyable! 
xoxo Karis 


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig